We work around the clock
We’re open 24/7 and work on a fixed rate, for your peace of mind
With emergency electricians, we’re able to find the right person for the job
All work include 12-month warranties on parts & labour
Flexible payments available
We can help you spread the costs on larger jobs with phased payments
Keeping electrical installations and appliances in optimal condition is paramount for ensuring property safety. Research shows that more than 90% of fire hazards originate from electrical failures, considering which several regulations are in place for ensuring electrical safety.
PAT testing is designed to assess the quality and condition of electrical appliances. The aim is to maintain a safe environment wherever electrical appliances are used, primarily in commercial settings. Apart from safety measures, it ensures compliance with regulations and protection from any legal troubles.
Our accredited and experienced electricians are authorised to conduct local PAT testing for commercial and residential properties, covering several regions of the UK. Contact us if you seek portable appliance safety testing in Chelmsford.
Benefits of PAT Testing
- Prevention of electrical accidents: Regular PAT testing can identify appliances that need replacing and prevent accidents.
- Compliance with regulations: Although there are no explicit regulations for PAT testing, it ensures overall compliance with other regulations and safety requirements.
- Demonstrating due diligence: Any hazard or accident can lead to legal action. However, if it is proven that you have carried out the necessary due diligence, you can avoid legal actions.
- Identification of hidden issues: PAT testing can identify hidden issues in your appliances, allowing you to carry out repairs.
- Enhancing the lifespan of your appliances: Regular PAT testing followed by necessary repairs can enhance the life of your appliances.
- Cost savings: Timely identification and repairs can save you from electric failures and monetary losses.
- Peace of mind: Knowing your appliances are safe will give you peace of mind.
PAT Testing for a Variety of Properties
We cater to various commercial and residential properties such as hotels, restaurants, educational institutions, health facilities, rented properties, and more. When you book our PAT testing services, our specialists will visit your site and conduct a series of tests. The process starts with a detailed visual inspection where our electricians will try to find any visible signs of damage or wear & tear.
Electrical tests such as earth continuity, insulation resistance, polarity, and functional tests are conducted to inspect and check every aspect of the appliances. After the test completion, our electricians will provide a PAT certificate for every appliance tested. The certificate will indicate the test results as “pass” or “fail.”
Reliable PAT Testing
Qualified and accredited electricians should conduct PAT testing. Our in-house team of electricians is skilled and experienced to provide you with reliable PAT testing in Chelmsford. Equipped with the most modern and state-of-the-art PAT testing equipment, our electricians can cater to businesses of any size.
Regardless of how many electrical appliances are used at your business site or home, you can count on the expertise of our electricians and the reliability of our testing equipment. Once you become our customer, it will be our duty to remind you when your annual PAT testing is due. We offer you more than PAT testing; we offer you peace of mind and a stress-free work environment.
Low-Cost PAT Testing
The cost of PAT testing in Chelmsford depends on the number of appliances tested. Cost may also vary based on the type of tests carried out. Testing complex appliances may also influence the total cost of PAT testing. When you hire us, you can be sure that we will keep your cost within your budget.
Why Choose Us for PAT Testing?
- Accredited and qualified team of electricians with extensive experience.
- State-of-the-art PAT testing equipment and tools.
- Highly affordable rates for PAT testing.
Get Your Appliances Tested in Simple Steps
- Contact us through our website or our number.
- Ask any questions regarding PAT testing which you may have.
- Book our services for PAT testing or request a quote.
- Get your appliance tested on your booking date.
The cost of PAT testing is affected by many factors, including the number of items, type of electrical equipment, location, and additional services. On average, it may cost around £1-£2 per item.
No, PAT testing is not a legal requirement; no specific law directly says you must have PAT testing. However, the UK’s legislation states that businesses must conduct portable appliance testing to ensure their safety.
Any electrical item with a plug connected to a generator or wall socket must be PAT tested, such as PCs, monitors, electric drills, printers, photocopiers, etc.
The time taken by a single PAT test is typically around two to five minutes; however, the total duration depends on the number of appliances to be tested and the size of the premises.
A PAT test certificate has no mentioned expiry date; it is valid until the item is no longer safe to use or there are any risks.