We work around the clock
We’re open 24/7 and work on a fixed rate, for your peace of mind
With emergency electricians, we’re able to find the right person for the job
All work include 12-month warranties on parts & labour
Flexible payments available
We can help you spread the costs on larger jobs with phased payments
PAT testing, also known as Portable Appliance Testing, is a process of inspecting and testing electrical appliances to ensure they are safe to use. It is a routine inspection that should be carried out on all portable appliances in the workplace, including tools, machinery, and office equipment.
The primary purpose of PAT testing in Bromley is to prevent electrical accidents, which can cause severe injury or death. Various factors, including damaged cables, worn-out plugs, etc., can cause electrical faults. Our local PAT testing can identify and prevent these faults from causing an accident.
Reliable PAT Testing to Protect Your Lives and Properties
At Con-Fused, we are a reputed team of NICEIC-certified electricians with extensive expertise in PAT testing. Our skilled and well-trained professionals bring years of experience and employ advanced electrical testing tools to swiftly identify any appliance faults.
We cater to diverse customers, whether you’re a landlord, business owner, employer, or public services entity. Rest assured, regardless of your property type, we are here to ensure the well-being of your electrical appliances. Count on us for reliable and comprehensive PAT testing services.
Why Do Appliances Need PAT Testing?
- To ensure adherence to the regulations that aim to preserve electrical safety in the workplace.
- To identify and rectify faults and minimise fire and injury risks.
- To meet many insurance companies’ requirements, provide proof of PAT testing to validate coverage.
- To align with Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements and ISO standards.
What Devices Must be PAT Tested?
A wide range of electrical devices needs to be PAT tested, and our portable appliance safety testing services in Bromley cover the following devices:
- Fixed Appliances: Washing machines, dryers, industrial machinery, vending machines, toasters, fridges and freezers, microwaves, dishwashers, irons, kettles, laptop cables, electric heaters, and extension leads.
- Stationary Appliances: Desktop computers, printers, scanners, fax machines, copiers, point-of-sale systems, network equipment, and security cameras.
- Portable Appliances: Drills, screwdrivers, saws, wrenches, hammers, levels, tape measures, flashlights, batteries, chargers.
- Hand-Held Appliances: Hair dryers, straightening irons, curling irons, razors, clippers, sanders, drills, screwdrivers, saws, wrenches, hammers, levels, tape measures, and flashlights.
These are the typical electrical devices that require PAT electrical testing. However, we will cover all the electrical instruments that operate at above 50 V in accordance with PAT testing regulations in Bromley.
What Premises Need PAT Testing?
As a reliable and trusted PAT testing company in Bromley, we have worked across various fields and premises to test all electrical equipment to meet safety regulations. Typically, we cover:
- Offices and corporate buildings
- Retail stores and shopping centres
- Hotels and hospitality establishments
- Educational institutions (schools, colleges, universities)
- Healthcare facilities (hospitals, clinics, care homes)
- Industrial and manufacturing facilities
- Construction sites
- Entertainment venues (cinemas, theatres, concert halls)
- Restaurants and food establishments
- Gyms and sports facilities
- Public sector buildings (government offices, libraries, museums)
- Residential rental properties
- Events and exhibition spaces
What Happens During the PAT Testing?
At Con-Fused, we prioritise a meticulous approach when performing PAT testing for your residential property or business place.
- Our specialists start by visually examining each electrical device for indications of wear and tear and other potential faults.
- They verify if there are any voltage, current, or frequency issues that may impact the performance and safety of the appliances.
- They visually inspect any ventilation problems in the room to maintain a safe environment.
- They examine every plug socket using PAT testing equipment for faulty fuses and loose connections, ensuring optimal electrical connectivity.
- They visually inspect hardwired electrical devices to identify any potential issues or abnormalities.
- They note any harm to the insulation, lead-polarity problems, or flaws with earth continuity after completing a series of electrical tests.
- Once the testing is complete, our experts affix a visible label on each appliance with their verdict – Passed or Failed. The label includes essential details such as the test date, the next test date, and an appliance ID number.
- You will receive a comprehensive PAT testing certificate that includes all the relevant test-related recordings conducted by our electrician.
The PAT testing frequency will differ depending on the type of appliance and associated risk. High-risk appliances, such as power tools, should be tested every six months, while low-risk appliances, such as laptops, may only need to be tested annually.
While it is not legally binding, PAT testing is highly recommended for businesses and organisations in Bromley that use portable appliances. This includes businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large corporations.
The PAT testing cost will vary depending on the number of appliances to be tested and the business size. However, PAT testing is generally a relatively inexpensive way to protect your equipment and employees. Talk to our team for an affordable PAT testing quote.
Con-Fused offers PAT testing services in Bromley via a team of expert engineers. Contact us today for professional PAT testing providing a detailed record of the safety assessment of your electrical appliances.