We work around the clock
We’re open 24/7 and work on a fixed rate, for your peace of mind
With emergency electricians, we’re able to find the right person for the job
All work include 12-month warranties on parts & labour
Flexible payments available
We can help you spread the costs on larger jobs with phased payments
It’s likely that you can’t confidently say your electrical appliances are safe and up to code or that your workplace or home is free from potential hazards. For that matter, PAT testing in Barnet is the vital safeguard that keeps you and those around you protected.
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT testing) is a process that ensures your electrical devices are safe for use after being thoroughly inspected and tested for safety. From office spaces to domestic environments, PAT testing is the ultimate assurance that you can work, relax, and live with peace of mind.
Take a Step Towards Safety with Our Expert PAT Engineers
Con-Fused is a trusted name when it comes to PAT testing in Barnet. With a solid decade of experience serving customers in Essex and London, we bring unrivalled precision to every inspection we undertake.
From commercial equipment to everyday household appliances, our meticulous approach guarantees the utmost safety for both your electrical devices and the individuals within your premises.
Appliances and Types of Equipment Requiring PAT Testing
Electrical devices are categorised into distinct types:
- Fixed appliances
- IT appliances
- Stationary appliances
- Portable appliances
- Moveable appliances
- Hand Held appliances
- Cables and chargers
All the electronic appliances are classified as Class 1, 2 and 3.
Class 1 – Earthed Appliances
It is essential to conduct comprehensive Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) on these electrical appliances as they are connected to the ground. These include:
- Free-standing printers
- Washing machines and dryers
- Vending machines
- Desktop IT equipment
- Fridges and freezers
- Industrial machinery
- Extension leads
- Laptop cables
- Electric heaters
- And more
Class 2 – Double Insulated Appliances
Due to their lack of grounding but the presence of extra insulation for protection, these devices necessitate a specialised form of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) known as an insulation test, which is a smaller version of the standard test. These devices include:
- Hedge trimmers
- Desktop printers
- Food mixers
- DVD player
- TV sets
Handheld devices like drills and hair dryers
Class 3 – Low Voltage Devices
These appliances operate at low voltage (under 50 V) or are powered by batteries, making them inherently safe. As a result, they typically do not require a PAT test; nevertheless, an inspection may be suggested for certain items:
- Mobile phone chargers
- LED light bulbs
What Is Involved in PAT Testing?
On the scheduled day of booking our PAT testing services in Barnet, a certified electrician will visit your rental property or business premises to conduct a meticulous and thorough PAT test. The portable appliance safety services encompass the following steps:
- A meticulous safety inspection is conducted of all your portable electrical appliances.
- Upon meeting industry standards, our engineer will provide you with an electronic PAT testing certificate in Barnet, also known as a portable appliance test certificate.
- In the event of an appliance malfunction, they will also provide a detailed test report specifying the necessary actions to meet safety requirements, which may involve appliance replacement or repair.
- The engineer will also label each appliance with a PASS or FAIL label, displaying the last inspection date, the next test date, and the engineer’s name and contact details.
Get Our Simplified PAT Testing Solution
Connect with our PAT testing company in Barnet by following the procedure below:
- Conveniently book online – Easily schedule your PAT testing service online, either through our user-friendly form or by calling us on 0808 304 4060.
- Arrange a service appointment – Select the day and time that best fits your schedule, and we will promptly assign a certified and skilled electrician to handle the task.
- Expert service completion – A qualified PAT testing specialist will visit your location and conduct a comprehensive series of tests on all the relevant electrical appliances.
- Embrace a safer environment – Upon completion, you will receive a detailed PAT certificate containing recorded test results. Additionally, all appliances will be appropriately labelled as ‘Passed’ or ‘Failed’ to ensure your home stays protected.
Get PAT Testing & Safeguard Your Home or Business!
Need expert advice or want to schedule a PAT testing service? Contact us now at Con-Fused. Our trustworthy team is ready to help you with all your electrical safety needs. Trust the professionals and ensure the protection of your appliances and those around you. Get in touch today!
The frequency of PAT testing depends on various factors, including the type of appliances, their usage, and the environment. Some may need to be tested in 6 months, while few require testing in 4 years. Our experts can advise you on the recommended testing intervals.
Our pricing structure includes fixed prices for up to 50 items, and beyond that, we provide individual pricing for each additional item. PAT testing cost per item will depend on the item and its condition. Contact our team for a personalised quote.
The duration of a PAT testing appointment depends on the number of devices that require testing. On average, it takes around 1-2 hours, but it can vary.
If an appliance fails the PAT test, our electrician will give you a thorough report explaining the issue. We can also offer repair or replacement services to ensure compliance and safety.