We work around the clock
We’re open 24/7 and work on a fixed rate, for your peace of mind
With emergency electricians, we’re able to find the right person for the job
All work include 12-month warranties on parts & labour
Flexible payments available
We can help you spread the costs on larger jobs with phased payments
Fixed wire testing involves the inspection and testing of electrical circuits and installations to ensure their safety and optimal working condition. It requires professionals to carry out inspections to identify potential issues and keep the electrical system free of faults.
Con-Fused, with its expert and experienced team, offers specialised services for fixed wire testing in London, conducting electrical installations and associated systems’ inspection, both at the commercial and residential level.
Our fixed wiring inspection in London covers the following:
- Air conditioning
- Circuit boards
- Distribution boards
- Main panels
- Socket outlets, etc.
Some other names of fixed wire testing are:
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
- Electrical Testing
- Hard Wire Testing
- Fixed Testing
- Periodic Inspection
- Test & Inspection
Inspections Involved in Fixed Wire Testing
The experienced technicians of our company carry out the following inspections to complete the fixed wire testing process:
- Conduct visual inspections to assess the visible components of electrical installations, including consumer units, light fittings, sockets, and wires. These tests help to identify potential problems before they exacerbate.
- Carry out IR (Insulation Resistance) Test to gauge the insulation quality around the conductors and identify their ability to efficiently prevent the unintended current flow.
- Perform earth continuity test to ensure the electrical conductive paths are appropriately connected to the earth, thus helping prevent electrical shocks in case of any fault.
- Undertake polarity test to check the proper connections of earth, live, and neutral wires for the safe operation of the electrical equipment to ensure its compliance.
Fixed Wire Testing Equipment
The following are the commonly used equipment to carry out this testing:
- Insulation resistance testers
- Polarity testers
We use high-quality equipment to ensure accurate and precise results of fixed wire testing.
EICR Fixed Wire Testing Report
An EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) is created after carrying out fixed wire testing in which the required improvements or repairs are suggested to the owner. An EICR fixed wire testing report includes the following details:
- Customer’s details (name of client and property address)
- Purpose of the report (client request or contractor suggestion)
- Installation details (premises address, premises type, and previous installation time and date)
- Installation extent
- Inspection and testing limitations
- Declaration (signed by an electrician and a verification officer)
- Condition of installation summary (informs the customer about any required repairs or improvements)
Benefits of Fixed Wire Testing
Fixed wire testing offers the following benefits:
- Helps ensure your property fulfils all the current wiring regulations.
- Makes your property compliant with workplace safety legislation.
- Ensures the safety of electrical installations on your property.
- Assists in ensuring that the electrical systems function efficiently.
- Protects people and property against potential electrical hazards.
- Helps you mitigate the risks and prevent possible damages and injuries.
- The cost acts as an investment and enhances its longevity.
- Identifies the faults, such as loose connections, so the electrical system’s safety is not compromised.
- Allows you to address and rectify the issues by making necessary repairs and electrical servicing.
Contact us for emergency callouts and get professional, prompt, and efficient fixed wire testing services from our insured team of experts.
Based on the Electricity at Work Regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act, all electrical systems should be maintained to prevent practical danger.
Depending on the type of premises’ environment and associated risks, the frequency of fixed wire testing is decided such as:
- Care homes, hotels, restaurants, schools, etc. (every 5 years)
- Clinics, hospitals, leisure centres, spas, swimming pools, etc. (every 3 years)
The testing frequency should be higher in case of damage or wear and tear.
The duration of fixed wire testing depends on the following:
- Electrical installation size
- Electrical installations complexity
- Building size
However, it usually takes 3 to 4 hours to complete this testing.
The residential or commercial property owner has the ultimate responsibility and legal obligation to ensure fixed wire testing for the health and safety of other people.
After completing the fixed wire testing, the following documents are provided:
- Circuit Assessment Sheets
- General Site Faults (Survey Report)
- Periodic Inspection Report
- Recommended Work
Only those switches are powered off that are being inspected by the technician at a time thus fixed wire testing does not require switching off all the power.